Followers

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Love Chapter done Mixed Media


Our Scripture this week @ Word Art Wednesday is in  I Corinthians.  You find the FREE word art on our Perfect Sentiments site.

  When I think of "The Love Chapter" I can't help but think of Jesus.  My hearts desire is to love others as Jesus did.  The meaning of love is spelled out in this chapter. It sets high standards.  I have to work on it daily. But love is worth it-isn't it?

I start by printing the scripture on a thick piece of cardstock.  I then crumbed it up.  Straightened it back out.....
 The I took light & distress ink to lightly go over.  The lines grab the most ink
its looking old & weathered
 I sprayed cranberry mist & sponged-then sponged King's moon yellow.  I got my stamps out & stamped with momento brown ink around the edges of my canvas.
I came back with watered down yellow & highlighted the flowers.

 I added some tags, layered some Wild Orchid Roses to frame out the canvas.



I hope this will encourage you to incorporate scripture into your art.  We have 2 prizes this week:

My Craft Spot by Kimberly - www.craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com


  Be sure and check out our teams blog at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/


Post a Comment