***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Friday, August 22, 2014

Button Challenge @ Craft Hoarders Anonymous

A challenge made for me!! BUTTONS!  Check it out at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.
Buttons are another thing I hoard!! There is a tiny sewing/craft shop in Rocky Mount, VA that I would spend hours going thru her buttons.  A nickel each.  I would sometimes spend $10 on buttons!! Shush!  Don't tell my husband!! LOL
 
My project today features a large pack of buttons purchased at Walmart.  They have fun and bright colors. 
I love altering boxes.  The paper is from my stash-I won several sheets in a challenge.  Fits perfectly with my button theme.  To decorate some of the edges-I used some border punches.
 After you gesso the edges of your box-inside & out-then you add your paper.  The lid was too tight, so I cut the one side of the lid and attached to the bottom of the box with E6000 glue. It forms a hinge. Works great!
 I've decorated the sides of my box with multi colored buttons layered.  I usually put "feet" on the bottom of my box-in this case they are brown buttons!!

I've enjoyed this challenge very much.  The box will be going with me to a craft show tomorrow in Danville, Virginia.  Finished it just in time!

Click here to go enter the challenge #14 yourself at Craft Hoarder's Anonymous.



 

8 comments:

creative lady said...

Love your box, it is so colorful, love how you added the buttons on the side and use them for the feet on the bottom of the box. Thanks so much for joining Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Glenda said...

What a lovely box! I love where you put the buttons! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

lost coast scrapper said...

Beautiful work with the colorful buttons, love this box! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love this box! The colors are so happy, and the buttons you used are perfect. You even added button feet! Shut the front door! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge 14: Button it Up!

Pammejo said...

Love your bright, fun altered box...Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

Gloria Stengel said...

Ok, love those button feet! What a smart thing to do! I also buy buttons all the time. I must have 200 pounds of buttons but I cannot stop buying them! Thanks for playing along this week at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Jan Marie said...

Oh Karen, what a sweet little box you've crafted! Love your clever use of buttons as accents! Thanks for sharing your style and hoard with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty and practical project. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog: )

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...