***Paint Classes***

***Paint Classes***
CLASSES HELD AT YOUR DESIRED VENUE

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Frozen look alike! Mixed Media canvas

I'm back again today with another mixed media canvas.

I had draw this girl a while back. I loaded her into photoshop and did some "fixing" of her hair to get more blonde.  Printed it out on regular cardstock. Created the background and added her to it.

The background:  applied layers of thin designer paper with DecoArt matte decoupage.
Watered down some Americana paint and went over the pages.
Mixed some purple DecoArt Media spray into some texture paste and ran it around the edges.
While it's wet I drew some squiggles with the end of a paint brush.  Allow to dry completely.
I added some Americana Indian turquoise to DecoArt Sand Texture and applied thru 
a DecoArt stencil in random areas. Allow to dry completely.

Then you add the girl and the words (cut on my Silouette)
Anytime I add cardstock to my canvas I like to go around it with matching paint and a fine brush. It helps to "ground" it into the canvas so it feels like a part of the finished piece.
After that step had dried good, I added some dots with DecoArt Paper Effects in silver.
Final thing to do: seal it with Americana Satin sealer.
 The shine is the satin sealer I used.

No comments:

Fluid Art with DecoArt Interference Paint

I've been experimenting with fluid art.   Trying to get cells to create is hard! I've tried multiple mediums, multiple products.  Th...